London Maritime Arbitration
The LMAA/Baltic Exchange Mediation Terms (2009)
- 1.1 These terms may be referred to as “the LMAA/Baltic Exchange Mediation Terms (2009)”.
- 1.2 In these Terms unless the context otherwise requires: –
- (a) “Association” means the London Maritime Arbitrators Association;
- (b) “Chairman” means the Chairman of the Baltic’s Member and Membership Services Committee
- (c) “President” means the President for the time being of the Association; (c) “Mediation” means and includes mediation, conciliation and any form of dispute resolution other than litigation and arbitration;
- (d) “Mediator” means and includes one or more persons appointed or nominated for the purpose of mediation who shall be a member of the LMAA/Baltic Exchange Mediation Panel.
- 2.1 These Terms apply to mediation of disputes arising out of or relating to a contractual or other legal relationship, whether commercial or maritime, where the parties seeking an amicable settlement of their disputes have agreed that the Terms shall apply.
- 2.2 The parties may agree to exclude or vary any of these Terms at any time.
Unless the parties otherwise agree there shall be one Mediator who shall be appointed within 14 days from the commencement of the mediation procedure as mentioned in Article 4 below.