i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
1. The present Protocol shall be open for signature by the member States of the Council of Europe which have signed the Convention. It shall be subject to ratification or acceptance. Instruments of ratification or acceptance shall be deposited with the Secretary-General of the Council of Europe.
2. The present Protocol shall enter into force three months after the date of the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification or acceptance.
3. In respect of a signatory State ratifying or accepting subsequently, the Protocol shall enter into force three months after the date of the deposit of its instrument of ratification or acceptance.
4. A member State of the Council of Europe may not ratify or accept the present Protocol without having ratified or accepted the Convention.
1. A State which has acceded to the Convention may accede to the present Protocol after the Protocol has entered into force.
2. Such accession shall be effected by depositing with the Secretary-General of the Council of Europe an instrument of accession which shall take effect three months after the date of its deposit.
1. Any Contracting State may, in so far as it is concerned, denounce the present Protocol by means of a notification addressed to the Secretary-General of the Council of Europe.
2. Such denunciation shall take effect six months after the date of receipt by the Secretary-General of such notification. The Protocol shall, however, continue to apply to proceedings introduced in conformity with the provisions of the Protocol before the date on which such denunciation takes effect.
3. Denunciation of the Convention shall automatically entail denunciation of the present Protocol.
No reservation is permitted to the present Protocol.
Any State may, by notification addressed to the Secretary-General of the Council of Europe at the moment of its signature of the present Protocol, or of the deposit of its instrument of ratification, acceptance or accession thereto, declare that it will only be bound by Parts II to V of the present Protocol.
2. Such a notification may be withdrawn at any time.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial