i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
1. The present Convention may be amended by either of the procedures specified in the following paragraphs.
2. Amendments after consideration within the Organisation:
3. Amendment by a conference:
4. (a) A Contracting Government which has accepted an amendment to an Annex which has entered into force shall not be obliged to extend the benefit of the present Convention in respect of the certificates issued to a ship entitled to fly the flag of a State the Government of which, pursuant to the provisions of sub-paragraph (2)(f)(ii) of this Article, has objected to the amendment and has not withdrawn such an objection, but only to the extent that such certificates relate to matters covered by the amendment in question.
(b) A Contracting Government which has accepted an amendment to an Annex which has entered into force shall extend the benefit of the present Convention in respect of the certificates issued to a ship entitled to fly the flag of a State the Government of which, pursuant to the provisions of sub-paragraph (2)(f)(ii) of this Article, has notified the Secretary-General of the Organisation that it exempts itself from giving effect to the amendment.
5. Unless expressly provided otherwise, any amendment to the present Convention made under this Article, which relates to the structure of a ship, shall apply only to ships the keels of which are laid, or which are at a similar stage of construction, on or after the date on which the amendment comes into force.
6. Any declaration of acceptance of, or objection to, an amendment or any notice given under sub-paragraph (2)(f)(ii) of this Article shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary-General of the Organisation, who shall inform all Contracting Governments of any such submission and the date of its receipt.
7. The Secretary-General of the Organisation shall inform all Contracting Governments of any amendments which enter into force under this Article, together with the date on which each such amendment enters into force.
(1) The instrument of acceptance was accompanied by the following declaration:
(2) The instrument of acceptance contained the following declaration (in the Arabic language):
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial