i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
(1) The present Protocol shall remain open for signature at the Headquarters of the Organisation from 1 July 1993 until 30 June 1994 and shall thereafter remain open for accession. All States may become Parties to the present Protocol by:
(2) Ratification, acceptance, approval or accession shall be effected by the deposit of an instrument to that effect with the Secretary-General.
(3) Each State which has either signed the present Protocol without reservation as to ratification, acceptance or approval or has deposited the requisite instruments of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession in accordance with this article shall transmit to the Secretary-General, at the time of deposit of the above instrument and by the end of each year, information on the aggregate number of fishing vessels of 24 metres in length and over entitled to fly the flag of that State.
(1) The present Protocol shall enter into force twelve months after the date on which not less than fifteen States have either signed it without reservation as to ratification, acceptance or approval or have deposited the requisite instruments of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession in accordance with article 9, the aggregate number of whose fishing vessels of 24 metres in length and over is not less than 14,000.
(2) For States which have deposited an instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession in respect of the present Protocol after the requirements for entry into force thereof have been met but prior to the date of entry into force, the ratification, acceptance, approval or accession shall take effect on the date of entry into force of the present Protocol or three months after the date of deposit of the instrument, whichever is the later date.
(3) For States which have deposited an instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession after the date on which the present Protocol entered into force, the present Protocol shall become effective three months after the date of deposit of the instrument.
(4) After the date on which an amendment to the present Protocol is deemed to have been accepted under article 11, any instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession deposited shall apply to the present Protocol as amended.
(1) The present Protocol may be denounced by any Party at any time after the expiry of five years from the date on which the present Protocol enters into force for that Party.
(2) Denunciation shall be effected by notification in writing to the Secretary-General.
(3) A denunciation shall take effect twelve months after receipt of the denunciation by the Secretary-General or after the expiry of any longer period which may be indicated in the notification.
(1) The present Protocol may be amended by either of the procedures specified in this article.
(2) Amendment after consideration within the Organisation:
(3) Amendment by a Conference:
(5) Unless expressly provided otherwise, any amendment to the present Protocol which relates to the structure of a vessel shall apply only to vessels for which, on or after the date of entry into force of the amendment:
(6) Any declaration of acceptance of, or objection to, an amendment or any notice given under paragraph (2)(g)(ii) shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary-General who shall inform all the Parties of any such submission and of the date of its receipt.
(7) The Secretary-General shall inform all the Parties of any amendments which enter into force under this article together with the date on which each such amendment enters into force.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial