i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Until the date on which this Convention comes into force in accordance with the provisions of Article XIII, it shall remain open for signature on behalf of any State which at that date is a Member of the United Nations or of any of the Specialised Agencies.
(1) This Convention shall be subject to ratification by the signatory States.
(2) The instruments of ratification shall be deposited with the Government of the United States of Mexico.
(1) This Convention shall, after it has come into force, be open for accession by any State Member of the United Nations or of any of the Specialised Agencies.
(2) The accession of a State shall be effected by the deposit of an instrument of accession with the Government of the United States of Mexico and shall take effect as from the ninetieth day after the date of such deposit.
(1) As soon as five of the signatory States have deposited their instruments of ratification of this Convention, it shall come into force between them on the ninetieth day after the date of the deposit of the fifth instrument of ratification. It shall come into force for each State ratifying thereafter on the ninetieth day after the deposit of its instrument of ratification.
(2) As soon as this Convention comes into force, it shall be registered with the United Nations and the International Civil Organisation by the Government of the United States of Mexico.
(1) Any Contracting State may denounce this Convention by notification addressed to the Government of the United States of Mexico.
(2) Denunciation shall take effect six months after the date of receipt by the Government of the United States of Mexico of the notification of denunciation.
No reservations may be made to this Convention.
(1) Any Contracting State may at the time of its ratification of or accession to this Convention or at any time thereafter declare by notification to the Government of the United States of Mexico that the Convention shall extend to any of the territories for whose international relations it is responsible.
(2) The Convention shall, ninety days after the date of the receipt of such notification by the Government of the United States of Mexico, extend to the territories named therein.
(3) Any Contracting State may denounce this Convention, in accordance with the provisions of Article XV, separately for any or all of the territories for the international relations of which such State is responsible.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial