i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
This Protocol shall be open for signature at Oranjestad, Aruba on 6 October 1999, and at Santa Fe de Bogatá, Republic of Colombia, from 7 October 1999 to 6 October 2000, by any Party to the Convention.
1. This Protocol, including Annexes I to IV, shall be subject to ratification, acceptance, approval or accession as provided by Articles 26 and 27 of the Convention.
2. In its instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession, any State or regional economic integration organisation may declare that any new annex shall enter into force for it only upon the deposit of its instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession thereto.
3. Following entry into force of this Protocol, any new Contracting Party to this Protocol may, at the time of acceding, declare that such accession does not apply to any annex, other than Annexes I to IV.
1. Except as provided in paragraphs 2 and 3 below, the adoption and entry into force of new annexes and amendments to annexes to this Protocol shall take place in accordance with paragraphs 2 and 3 of Article 19 of the Convention.
2. The Contracting Parties may, at the time of adoption of any amendment to an Annex, decide by a three-fourths majority vote of the Contracting Parties present and voting, that such amendment is of such importance that it shall enter into force in accordance with paragraphs 5 and 6 of Article 18 of the Convention.
3. With respect to any Contracting party that has made a declaration with respect to new annexes in accordance with Article XVIII, such annex shall enter into force on the thirtieth day after the date of deposit with the Depositary of its instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession with respect to such annexes.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial