i-law is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
1. This Agreement shall be open for signature by the Governments of the States invited to participate in the Conference on the Agreement for cooperation in dealing with pollution of the North Sea by oil and other harmful substances, held at Bonn on 13 September 1983, and by the European Economic Community.
2. These States and the European Economic Community may become Parties to this Agreement either by signature without reservation as to ratification, acceptance or approval or by signature subject to ratification, acceptance or approval followed by ratification, acceptance or approval.
3. Instruments of ratification, acceptance or approval shall be deposited with the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany.
1. For each State acceding to this Agreement, the Agreement shall enter into force on the first day of the second month following the date of deposit by such State of its instrument of accession.
2. Instruments of accession shall be deposited with the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany.
1. The Contracting Parties may unanimously invite any other coastal State of the north-east Atlantic area to accede to this Agreement.
2. In such a case Article 2 of this Agreement and its Annex shall be amended as necessary. The amendments shall be adopted by unanimous vote at a meeting of the Contracting Parties and shall take effect upon the entry into force of this Agreement for the acceding State.
1. This Agreement shall enter into force on the first day of the second month following the date on which the Governments of all the States mentioned in Article 18 of this Agreement and the European Economic Community have signed the Agreement without reservation as to ratification, acceptance or approval.
2. Upon the entry into force of this Agreement the Agreement for cooperation dealing with pollution of the North Sea by oil, done at Bonn on 9 June 1969, shall cease to be in force.
1. After this Agreement has been in force for five years it may be denounced by any Contracting Party.
2. Denunciation shall be effected by a notification in writing addressed to the Depositary Government which shall notify all the other Contracting Parties of any denunciation received and of the date of its receipt.
3. A denunciation shall take effect one year after its receipt by the Depositary Government.
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.
Not yet an i-law subscriber?
Request a trial