This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
MARINE INSURANCE ACT 1906 (UK)
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Marine insurance defined.
2. Mixed sea and land risks.
3. Marine adventure and maritime perils defined.
4. Avoidance of wagering or gaming contracts.
5. Insurable interest defined.
6. When interest must attach.
7. Defeasible or contingent interest.
8. Partial interest.
11. Master’s and seamen’s wages.
12. Advance freight.
13. Charges of insurance.
14. Quantum of interest.
15. Assignment of interest.
16. Measure of insurable value.
Disclosure and Representations
17. Insurance is uberrimae fidei .
18. Disclosure by assured.
19. Disclosure by agent effecting insurance.
20. Representations pending negotiation of contract.
21. When contract is deemed to be concluded.
22. Contract must be embodied in policy.
23. What policy must specify.
24. Signature of insurer.
25. Voyage and time policies.
26. Designation of subject-matter.
27. Valued policy.
28. Unvalued policy.
29. Floating policy by ship or ships.
30. Construction of terms in policy.
31. Premium to be arranged.
32. Double insurance.
33. Nature of warranty.
34. When breach of warranty excused.
35. Express warranties.
36. Warranty of neutrality.
37. No implied warranty of nationality.
38. Warranty of good safety.
39. Warranty of seaworthiness of ship.
40. No implied warranty that goods are seaworthy.
41. Warranty of legality.
42. Implied condition as to commencement of risk.
43. Alteration of port of departure.
44. Sailing for different destination.
45. Change of voyage.
47. Several ports of discharge.
48. Delay in voyage.
49. Excuses for deviation or delay.
Assignment of Policy
50. When and how policy is assignable.
51. Assured who has no interest cannot assign.
52. When premium payable.
53. Policy effected through broker.
54. Effect of receipt on policy.
Loss and Abandonment
55. Included and excluded losses.
56. Partial and total loss.
57. Actual total loss.
58. Missing ship.
59. Effect of transhipment, etc.
60. Constructive total loss defined.
61. Effect of constructive total loss.
62. Notice of abandonment.
63. Effect of abandonment.
Partial Losses (Including Salvage and General Average and Particular Charges)
64. Particular average loss.
65. Salvage charges.
66. General average loss.
Measure of Indemnity
67. Extent of liability of insurer for loss.
68. Total loss.
69. Partial loss of ship.
70. Partial loss of freight.
71. Partial loss of goods, merchandise, etc.
72. Apportionment of valuation.
73. General average contributions and salvage charges.
74. Liabilities to third parties.
75. General provisions as to measure of indemnity.
76. Particular average warranties.
77. Successive losses.
78. Suing and labouring clause.
Rights of Insurer on Payment
79. Right of subrogation.
80. Right of contribution.
81. Effect of under insurance.
Return of Premium
82. Enforcement of return.
83. Return by agreement.
84. Return for failure of consideration.
85. Modification of Act in case of mutual insurance.
86. Ratification by assured.
87. Implied obligations varied by agreement or usage.
88. Reasonable time, etc., a question of fact.
89. Slip as evidence.
90. Interpretation of terms.
94. Short title.
An Act to codify the Law relating to Marine Insurance. [21 December 1906]
The rest of this document is only available to i-law.com online
If you are already a subscriber, please enter your details below to log in.